Guess what?! I was nominated for an award!!….*insert me crying at an award show podium saying “They love me!! They really really love me!”* 🙂 Well…not that kind of award, it’s called the “Liebster Award”. I was nominated by love and relationship blogger, Sex & the Cincy. It is an award within the blogger community in which you are nominated by a blogger, must answer questions asked by that blogger in order to accept the award, then nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them questions. I thought it was a cute award and a way for you all to get to know me a little bit better, so I accepted! 🙂 Below are the questions that my nominator asked me followed by my answers. Time for you guys to get to know a little bit more of Chrissy Joy, up close and personal!
1. What inspired the creation of your blog? My blog was inspired by my endless style inspiration along with my desire to spread love and help others. Growing up I would always get compliments on my outfits, but when asked ” What inspired them” I realized that I always had a story or specific event, person, or thing behind most of my looks. About a year ago, I started to feel compelled by God to start a blog to share these things, so I took a leap of faith and did it! 🙂
2. Are you different in person than on your blog? If anything, I may be a little bit more crazier in person than on my blog! I definitely have a track record of conducting random street dance sessions, making the middle of a packed NY subway train my personal runway, and walking up to random people in New York City to talk to them about Jesus. I guess you can say that I love to seize every opportunity that I have to really live life to the fullest, and be the change that I want to see in this world.
3. What is your guilty pleasure? Musicals! I can spend hours belting out tunes from RENT, Hairspray and Grease. Let’s not even begin to talk about Disney tunes! Try to speak to me while “Reflections” (from Mulan) is playing….. you most definitely will get shut down by my high rifts and over-exaggerated runs (just saying!).
4. What are 5 words you believe people would use to describe you? Adventurous, Loving, Fun, Hard-worker and Trustworthy.
5. What has been one of your worst dating experiences? Honestly, I don’t think that I have had any dating experiences that were absolutely horrid. They have all been learning experiences, and I am still cool with the majority (if not all) of those guys.
6. How do you choose what to talk about on your blog? I mostly look through the pictures that I have taken for my style diary post and identify the inspiration behind each outfit. Sometimes I may not have any inspiration for a look, it may have been something that I literally just threw together at the last-minute. In that case, I say a quick prayer that I figure out something to write about, then just start typing the introduction to the post. Usually at the end of writing the introduction an idea pops in my head of what to write about, but sometimes it may not come to me until after a few hours. I just try to have patience and find things to get my creative juices flowing.
7. What is one of your favorite childhood memories? My family’s annual trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. Every summer my family would take a trip to Myrtle Beach with family friends or a group of our close friends from my church back home, Christian Faith Center. To me it was the event of the year that I ALWAYS looked forward to! I have some of my most fun and hilarious childhood stories from events that happened during those trips, they are always something that I will treasure.
8. What qualities must your potential partner possess in order to capture your attention? I feel like I’m on a dating show right now! Lol…. One of my favorite relationship quotes is “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek him just to find her”. The man who takes that journey and that God brings to me I’m sure will possess all of the qualities that I love AND need to have in my potential partner. Which is trustworthy, funny, ambitious and diligent. A dash of style wouldn’t hurt either! 😉
9. What is a quote/saying that you live by? “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has every seen before” -Albert Einstein ❤
10. What is your favorite Disney movie? Ahhhhhh, that’s so hard!! It’s going to have to be a 3-way tie between Mulan, Monsters Inc., and Finding Nemo!
11. If you were served your last meal, what would it be? Rotisserie chicken, extra macaroni & cheese, collard greens and sweet potato casserole (the kind with marshmallows that’s served at Golden Corral!). What can I say, I’m a southern girl at heart! ❤
Welp, that was fun! Now that you were able to get to know me on a more personal level, let’s get back to the style. Let’s take a gander at this week’s look! 🙂
Striped Shirt: Tommy Hilfiger // Pants: Tory Burch // Pumps: Victoria Secret Online // Sunglasses: Aldo // Bag: Prima Donna // Earrings: Cache // Bracelets: Vintage // Watch: Michael Kors
Photographer: Roberto Johnson of FashionInSpanglish.
By the way, these are the 11 bloggers that I nominate for the Liebster Award. My questions for them are the same as the questions asked to me!